Image Source: Pexels
If you are a business owner, you likely know that there are several factors that directly influence staff performance, such as the working environment, motivation and, of course, ability. If you would like your employees to become more productive, here are a few tried and tested methods that are known to positively influence performance.
- Management Training – By having key management staff take a course on performance management training, they will learn valuable leadership skills that will help them to get the best out of their team. If you have a team of managers there are materials that introduce techniques to increase productivity, while also providing essential motivation to the workforce, and the tried and tested techniques are designed to improve productivity. There are online specialists who offer a range of specific business training modules which would include management training, and they can easily be located with a Google search.
- Recognition and Reward – Presenting an award to a star employee boosts the entire team’s morale, not just the recipient, and most will make a conscious effort to up their game, in the hope of one day being recognised for outstanding performance. Reward has always been effective in getting the best out of staff, and when you consider such a small investment could turn out to be very beneficial in terms of productivity. There is an informative article on how to motivate your employees, which highlights the importance of motivation within the workplace and is recommended reading for all managers.
Image Source: Pexels
- Sponsor Personal Development – If some of your employees would like to further develop their further education, as their employer, you should always support this desire to improve. Sponsoring key people to take industry related courses will pay dividends in many ways, as your staff become more competent, which would be reflected in the overall performance of the business. If a person is receiving sponsorship from their employer, it makes them feel that they are valued as an employee, and will always apply themselves, as you have demonstrated your investment in their future.
- Team Building – Creating a feeling of unity is essential if you want your employees to go that extra yard, and by sponsoring an experience day that is designed to promote communication, collaboration and suitable task delegation. These single-day courses put your team into a highly competitive environment, and with clear cut goals, the group then plans their course of action and tries to achieve the team objectives.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Brainstorming Sessions – Choose a morning (people are at their peak before lunchtime) and introduce a real problem that the company is facing, or a specific goal, with the aim of coming up with a solution. The fact that you are involving your staff at this level will do wonders for morale, and the interaction will generate creative ideas, while also developing personal relationships as the team become more familiar with each other.
If you would like to tweak your management team to be more productive, all of the above are tried and tested ways to improve employee performance, and by demonstrating your commitment as a supportive employer, you will see the benefits as your organisation becomes more productive.