More moms in the UK continue to remain a part of the workforce, whether they still go to office or work from home. But hey! Isn’t working one of the best things about life? You get to be independent; you pay your own bills and give your life some meaning. Working on a project, on a blog or even for an organization helps give your life a purpose (and brings the money!). Let’s share some #OfficeJoys of working mums, whether you are working from home or in an office.
- #ThatColleague- everybody has at least one awkward colleague. For most mums, this colleague is a nervous younger woman with no kids. They are stressed at their relationship status, their career, and financial goals. Ah! If she only knew how stressful it is to wake up in the middle of the night.
- #GoodHairDay- nothing can beat this amazing feeling. Some days, just one in a hundred or even a year, are just naturally good hair days. You can style your hair any way you like and it would just look super amazing. Just grab your coffee and walk the streets like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. You are looking like a diva. Feel it!
- #Newfurniture- yes! Yeah! We are all tired of sitting on the same old uncomfortable chairs all day long and pretend that it is not stabbing us in the back. The new furniture day in office makes you feel like kindergarten kids who have just entered their new classrooms. There is so much fun and excitement. You will find great furniture at www.furniture-work.co.uk. Don’t forget to talk to your organization about getting good quality, ergonomically designed office chairs. You deserve it.
- #WorkingFromCouch- The best thing about working from home is that you can work from your couch. Just slip in to your favorite PJs, sit comfortably on your couch and start working. No lipstick, no makeup, and no bad hair days. You can be yourself and work on your dream. Just make sure you don’t use the couch for too long. Good work furniture is still a requirement, even if you are working from home.
- #ChildPaintings- children love to paint, don’t they? Sometimes they love to paint with your expensive Estee Lauder lipstick too. Leaving this aside, child paintings make you feel more connected with the ‘little one’ at home. They also feel joyous to paint a miracle with their little hands and show them to you right away. What could be a better feeling than this?
- #DistractionFree (kind of) – There are no bosses, no colleagues, no parcels, no new clients, and no parties to attend. That sounds great, doesn’t it. What a wonderful world. You can finally ‘focus’ on work. But that is until you start receiving mail and couriers at home.
Then there are visitors who you will have to entertain.
Don’t forget about taking care of the kids while they are playing the backyard.
And what about the one-pot recipe that you have been willing to try?
Should you cook at home or just order from restaurant?
Pheww… there is work here as well.
We understand that working moms must handle double the responsibility. Whether you are working from home or in an office, life is difficult. We just want to say that we are proud of you and appreciate all that you are doing, untiringly.
P.S. just make sure you ditch that old chair that is breaking your back. Get a new one soon.