More moms in the UK continue to remain a part of the workforce, whether they still go to office or work from home. But hey! Isn’t working one of the best things about life? You get to be independent; you pay your own bills and give your life some meaning. Working on a project, on a blog or even for an organization helps give your life a purpose (and brings the money!). Let’s share some #OfficeJoys of working mums, whether you are working from home or in an office.
- #ThatColleague- everybody has at least one awkward colleague. For most mums, this colleague is a nervous younger woman with no kids. They are stressed at their relationship status, their career, and financial goals. Ah! If she only knew how stressful it is to wake up in the middle of the night.
- #GoodHairDay- nothing can beat this amazing feeling. Some days, just one in a hundred or even a year, are just naturally good hair days. You can style your hair any way you like and it would just look super amazing. Just grab your coffee and walk the streets like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. You are looking like a diva. Feel it!
- #Newfurniture- yes! Yeah! We are all tired of sitting on the same old uncomfortable chairs all day long and pretend that it is not stabbing us in the back. The new furniture day in office makes you feel like kindergarten kids who have just entered their new classrooms. There is so much fun and excitement. You will find great furniture at www.furniture-work.co.uk. Don’t forget to talk to your organization about getting good quality, ergonomically designed office chairs. You deserve it.
- #WorkingFromCouch- The best thing about working from home is that you can work from your couch. Just slip in to your favorite PJs, sit comfortably on your couch and start working. No lipstick, no makeup, and no bad hair days. You can be yourself and work on your dream. Just make sure you don’t use the couch for too long. Good work furniture is still a requirement, even if you are working from home.
- #ChildPaintings- children love to paint, don’t they? Sometimes they love to paint with your expensive Estee Lauder lipstick too. Leaving this aside, child paintings make you feel more connected with the ‘little one’ at home. They also feel joyous to paint a miracle with their little hands and show them to you right away. What could be a better feeling than this?
- #GardenOffice – There’s nothing worse than being stuck in an over-airconditioned, dark office during the summer. You spend all year waiting for the sun, only to be stuck indoors working. Well, when you’re working from home, there’s nothing stopping you from grabbing your sunglasses and heading out into the garden to work. Head to a site like scottsofthrapston.co.uk/large-summerhouses/ to find a beautiful summerhouse that can double up as an office, fling open the doors, grab an iced coffee and your workday will start to feel so much better.
- #DistractionFree (kind of) – There are no bosses, no colleagues, no gossiping, no customers, and no drama to contend with. You can finally ‘focus’ on work. That is until the dog, kids, washing machine, dishwasher and front door all start vying for attention. Many bosses will use these things as an excuse to say working from home is distracting, but actually, it’s only as distracting as a busy office, and more productive too. Not only do you get to remove wasteful commuting time, but you also get to see more of your family and get more of your chores done. Obviously, you shouldn’t be walking the dog during that important meeting, but you can throw a load of laundry in the wash during a quick toilet break. Who says multi-tasking can’t be done?!
We understand that working moms must handle double the responsibility. Whether you are working from home or in an office, life is difficult. We just want to say that we are proud of you and appreciate all that you are doing, untiringly.
P.S. just make sure you ditch that old chair that is breaking your back. Get a new one soon.